Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sound/Noise/Ratio

  I am writing these posts to try and remember some things that used to greatly excite me; times of my life that felt like I was living in a film – an excitement and naivety that really filled me with joy and the feeling of my bones being warmed with life. Most commonly music, film and travel gave me these feelings, so I will write of these, but of other things too. Hopefully you will be keen to check out some of these songs/places/moments that I write of and you might get a similar experience from them that I have had.

   As I get older I find it harder to get the same “kick” out of things that I did when I was younger – life takes on more gravity, and whether I like it or not I seem to feel more tethered to day to day life. This is good in some ways – there are wonderful moments that come with urban domesticity, but I do miss feeling like I used to when I was younger – that the world was a very open place, and that anything was possible. I guess these posts will be an attempt to reconvene with those moments, relive them and be inspired to create new moments of pure-life.

No comments:

Post a Comment